Apr 24, 2011

Confetti Eggs

Today is Easter! Unfortunately, this year is going to be pretty mellow. I thought it'd be fun to show some pics of the fun from last year. We have a fun tradition in my family regarding the eggs. Every year since I can remember, we would blow the yolk out of the eggs and stuff them with confetti. Some years we even made the confetti!. Then during Easter, someone would crack one on top of your head when you least expected it. 
 
I miss the egg hunts with my brother and sister too. We would hunt and hide eggs until it got dark. Even on the years it rained, we would still be outside hunting and hiding them. We loved it so much! I'm not even really sure why. One year someone hid an egg so good, that it didn't turn up for a few months. OOOPS! We also had a tradition to make one egg the "golden egg". An adult would hide this one really good! And whoever found it, would win a great prize. One year the golden egg ended up underneath my uncle's sweater on top of his shoulder. It took a game of "hot and cold" before we found it. Fun times I will never forget. Here's some pics of last year's Easter. 
Wishing I was with my familia today.
 Making the confetti "old school style"
 Getting the eggs ready for their color bath!
 These ones have confetti in them. Notice the little holes on the tops.


 I think I'm still a little girl sometimes

 Getting together at my familia's house
 My cute little nephew Lyric.
 We all decided it was funner in the kid playhouse. My bro, his wife, and my sis. And Lyric too!
 My sis and bro and I are known to be a little goofy sometimes. Daniel and I holding our babies too.
 Looks like someone got hit with an egg already.

 This egg didn't crack so well..
 Bridget being initiated into our wacky family!
 Gus got me good.

 Daniel has one for my dad too..
 My Uncle Rudy taking it like a champ.
 I love my cousin Annie! She is the best ever! Always taking the pics.
 She got me pretty good too.
 My sweet papa honey. He just turned 80 the other day!
 Danny and Bridget
 My sis, Christina
Danny getting our step mom, Maria.
~Happy Easter~


1 comment:

moonshinejunkyard said...

oh my goodness you guys have the best traditions! what a wonderful bright and colorful and festive family gathering. i am starting to see more and more why you and daniel are so amazing!!! beautiful. i'm sorry it was a quiet one this year but that you had fun doing your pretty eggs all colorfully anyway. much springtime love and blessings to you lovely.