Feb 27, 2011

a day in the bay~

Yesterday Gus took me down to Santa Rosa to pick up my brand new Bernina Serger! 
He got it for me for Valentine's day. What a sweetie.

A cool vintage Bernina sewing machine
 Then we headed to Sebastapol, to hit up some estate sales. Got some goodies for my etsy store.
Then to East West Cafe for some yummy mediterranean food.
 Gus enjoying his yummy lunch. This is his favorite kind of food.
 I got the same thing and the hummus was so delicious.

 We stopped at one more antique store before heading to treasure island. 
Gus found this cool little rickshaw.
 Crossing the Richmond bridge and I could see treasure island in the distance.
Unfortunately, the estate sale didn't have much treasure. I did find this cool book on witches though.
 Then we headed to Berkeley to find more treasure.
 I loved the Addison Endpapers store. 
So many cool little things for collage making and I found some great things to turn into jewelry.

 Then we found this estate sale on Hudson Street. WOW so many books!!!
 I wanted to take this ol' stove but we already have one. This one is so cute!
 I saw this pretty flower growing outside the house. Feels like spring.
 Then to Urban Ore Ecopark. Gus and I LOVE this place.
It's a builder's dream come true. So many things to see.
 We found plenty of windows for our new cabin, even an octagon shaped one.
 Then we scored on this purple vintage bathtub! I can't wait to take a bath in this beauty.
 My dream door! If only it wasn't $4800.
 I found a really cool german sewing machine too. 

We found some great treasure and we both had a great day. 
I love Gus for being able to get into the vintage shopping with me. 
Now I gotta go get pics taken of all my treasure to put on etsy.

2 comments:

moonshinejunkyard said...

hey love, i absolutely adore reading your bright and beautiful log here of all the crafty doings of your life. i have the Power of the Witch; it was one of my first wicca books ever and it's all battered and worn and i love it. can't wait to see how the vintage lavender bathtub looks in the new house. congrats to you guys on your adventures in creativity and building! i send you sweet pville love lady!

anne said...

what a fun day! and a new sewing machine, very nice. i've had the privilege of sewing on a nice machine and boy does it make a world of difference!
i absolutely love all the tile work in your previous post! what cheery colorful goodness!